|
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
__________________________________
The time of the year for a reflection.
I wouldn't say 2007 was an awful year, because fantastic stuff happened too. Overall, I guess it was rather well-balanced. :)) I learnt a lot over this past year, be it in terms of academic studies or life, in general. I'm thankful for most of the people (& things) in my life, even though I might seem like an ungrateful bitch half the time. 2007, the year of major changes, was a very good teacher. The first time I lost someone dear to me. And.. well, I'm not good at expressing myself in words, am I? =//
2007 was a year of turmoil, laughter, growth, disappointment, tears, joy, emptiness, appreciation, reflection, and whatever else I can think of. It probably encompassed the whole spectrum of emotions & boy, the ride was heart-stoppin'. The soundtrack to 2007 would probably comprise of lots of rock, some boybands within the pop songs, quite a few sad tracks to emo to and a couple of R&B songs in between the classicals. __________________________________
First up, The Babes. :D Song Dedication - My Wish (Rascal Flatts)
It certainly has been a year full of ups & downs for us. The release of 'O' Level results, new schools, the various SYFs, GuildHouse, Sunshine Babe, PSLE, holidays & most of all, Grandma's departure, which I'm sure was the catalyst that brought us all closer together. I really love you all loads & all the best for the first year in VS (Sunshine), a new Sec 3 subject combi (Flexi), 'O' Levels (Stick), a new semester in TP (Himbo), 'A' Levels (Tall) & hopefully, university for me.
__________________________________
Tampines JC. Tee Pee Jay Cee. I do not miss you. Song Dedication - Angels or Devils (Dishwalla)
Finally. It's been a really long Learning Journey, haha. I miss KI lessons, and seeing my friends around school everyday, even though we might not say hi. This year consisted of OGLing, many breaks in between lessons, "stargazing", skipping PE, apples from the Principal, sleeping in the canteen in the morning and long & tiring days. Omg, I really miss KI a hell lot. :(( oh yes, and I've never studied this much.
I know I was slacking off until August, then it was the all-nighters of the Independent Study all the way to Prelims, which I screwed up magnificently. I've never felt like I've let myself down this much. Stress was disgusting. The release of the prelim results led to the formation of a favourite study area, the Camping Spot. Aka the square tables below the Audi.
__________________________________
The Study Group. Song Dedication - Time Is Running Out/Knights of Cydonia (Muse)
The Camping Spot. Airport T1 Burger King. T2 BK. Delifrance weekends. Siglap Starbucks/KFC. Expo CoffeeBean. School library. Kembangan study cafe. Not all of our study sessions were productive, lol. Definitely not. xD nonetheless, I'm sure we managed to study more in school than going home early. Somehow, I think all the mugging we did strengthened our friendship. Not to forget all the random stuff that happened too. Captehing, the guys' craze over ayam penyet... Haha. Guys, have fun in NS.
__________________________________
Guitar Ensemble. :)) Song Dedication - OUR SYF PIECES. HAHA.
I didn't even want to join Guitar when I first entered TPJC. But I tried out this CCA for the 1st three months, and I never left. I really didn't like TPJC in year 1, and I guess this made me distance myself from the guitarists at first. *shrugs* oh well. Things turned out just fine in the end. Haha. I love them so much now.
Alright, so we spent lots of time together. During/before/after practices, camps, rehearsals, whatever. It's been a freaking awesome time with you all & I won't give up those memories for anything. We got GWH for SYF, although we started out as mere beginners! How cool is that? :D guitar & music brought us all together, and I guess this is another thing I'm really thankful for.
__________________________________
Guitaristssss. Song Dedication - Such Great Heights (Iron & Wine/Jest cover)
Muse concert. Gatherings at Yufan's. Gaming. Jamming at Heng's. Halo/Winning 11 at Rub's. National Day. Fireworks Festival. That Sept Hols overnight at my place (Slither, 30 mins of Zodiac, lots of Winning 11). Eid party. Heroes chasin'. Concerts. Jenn hunting. Jieyun's birthday at Dbl O. Prom shopping. Chalets. Prom. Drinking sessions. Ben & Jerry craze. The MSN convos. The Mass MSN convos that were totally random. Spamming the Guitar Forum on tpjc.net.
Oh right, and all the movies we watched. PotC 3, Shrek 3, Ocean's Thirteen, Fantastic Four, Spidey 3, Rush Hour 3, Simpsons, Transformers, Harry Potter & the OotP, Evan Almighty, Ratatouille, Stardust, Beowulf, Golden Compass, I Am Legend. There might've been more, but I can't remember. Haha. Slither & Zodiac do not count. :P
Here's to the continuation of all those stuff we used to do, and more. :))
__________________________________
And of course, I can't forget my SACians. :)) Song Dedication - Best In Me (Blue)
Didn't get to spend a lot of time with you girls, but now with 8 months of no school... HEH HEH. The various outings we have, the short chats in school, rare study sessions, dinners at Simpang, coincidental meetings at Delifrance. The 4/7-ers are truly unforgettable.
__________________________________
In December, there were the overseas trips. Sydney, and Korea. Song Dedication - Drops of Jupiter (Train) [lol, I dunno why.]
Presents from my parents that I'm really grateful for. I can't ask for better gifts than these. :)) well, maybe I can, but not right now. Hurhur. Travelling was, and always will be, an enriching experience. The rare moments when I found myself alone in a foreign country are really precious to me. I'm easily fascinated by new things, & being surrounded by them just blows my mind away. If I could, I would walk around in a mall, down the streets, sight-see, explore alone. But only for a day or two, because I'd miss talking to people I know. Haha.
One thing's for sure, the food was awesome. xD
 __________________________________
Happy New Year, everyone. I hope it remains happy for as long as possible. 2008 is here & damn it, so is adult bus fare. :((
|